DATE: October 25, 2023
FROM: Human Resources
POSITION: (FT) - Law Library Director
Effective immediately: Law Library Director - Wilmington University School of Law.
Summary: The Law Library Director leads the Law Library and provides services to support the School of Law's educational mission. The Director is responsible for short and long-range planning and the overall administration of the Law Library. A member of the law school's senior leadership team, the Director serves on faculty committees and helps build a culture of academic excellence among faculty and students.
The Wilmington University School of Law see broad access to affordable legal education within a student-centered culture. The law school's goals: (1) hiring faculty chosen for their extensive experience, commitment to excellence in teaching, and dedication to making a difference in the lives of their students; (2) enrolling students who reflect the diverse communities they will serve in Delaware and the national legal community; (3) offering course schedules and curricula that have been crafted to maximize the benefit for students who may be balancing professional and personal commitments in addition to their legal studies; (4) providing an educational program focused on excellence in developing practice-related competencies, through a curriculum mapped to those competencies and using best instructional practices; (5) bridging the gap between theory and practice through in externships that provide hands-on opportunities to help practicing attorneys solve real challenges; and (6) creating opportunity for our students by keeping tuition and debt low and producing graduates with high value and ability in multiple segments of the market for legal services.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
- J.D. degree from an ABA accredited law school.
- Master's Degree in Library and Information Science (or equivalent)
- Be admitted to the bar of any state.
- Superb academic and professional qualifications.
- Practice experience that is sufficiently extensive and high quality to be a foundation for teaching in the Law School's educational program.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve excellence in teaching and in guiding and mentoring as to professional formation of students.
- Commitment to the goals of the School of Law and its curricular and instructional methods and goals.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Leads, guides and determines the strategic direction of the law library and serves as a critical member of the law school leadership team.
- Oversees all personnel activities, including recruitment and hiring for the law library.
- Engages in strategic planning, resource development, and assessment of the law library operation; collaborates with the Office of Technology Resources and Support to develop strategy for technology infrastructure and digital initiatives.
- Actively collaborates with the Wilmington University Library to develop library resources.
- Oversees collection development efforts and policies.
- Participates in national professional organizations to remain current on trends and resources and to ensure library compliance with ABA and AALL standards.
- Coordinates and provides expert research support and assistance for law faculty and law students.
- Develops and administers the law library's budget.
- Evaluates and negotiates with vendors and providers to leverage and maximize budget resources.
- Commitment to the goals and mission the Wilmington University School of Law.
- Promotes and fosters an inclusive and diverse environment for all students, faculty, and staff.
- Perform other duties which may be assigned by the Professor & Dean of the School of Law.
Hours of Employment: Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:30 am - 5:30 p.m., with specific daily schedule determined each semester. Evening hours as needed for supporting evening division students, including but not limited to orientation and exam administration. Occasional weekends as needed for special events. Required to attend all Graduation ceremonies and Professional Development Day events.
Benefits: Wilmington University School of Law offers an excellent benefit package that includes Medical and Dental, Vision, Retirement Plan (403b), Dependent Care Assistance, Life & Disability Insurances and Education benefits.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: November 8, 2023
To apply click here.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency